Gorgeous Heirloom Dreadnought Brings Craftsmanship and Quality to the Forefront
The Martin Standard Series guitars set the industry standard in craftsmanship, with premium tonewoods and industry-leading build quality. The Standard Series guitars all feature classic tonewood combinations including Sitka Spruce tops and Rosewood or Mahogany back and sides, giving all of the Standard Series models that iconic Martin tone, with all of the bass and volume you’d ever need.
The left handed D-41 Standard Series Acoustic guitar from Martin features a solid Sitka Spruce top with aged toner finish and East Indian Rosewood back and sides, with scalloped, forward-shifted Sitka Spruce X-bracing to deliver the big, bold tone of a Dreadnought with shimmering treble tones. The forward shifted bracing actually enhances the bass tones, giving this lefty D-41 that thunderous quality you’d expect from a Martin Dreadnought.
To enhance playability, Martin has given the latest version of the D-41 a select hardwood neck with a modified low oval profile and a high performance taper, making it super comfortable to play. With a light satin finish on the back of the neck, you’ll find your fingers flying across the 20-fret ebony plek-dressed fretboard as if it were an electric! But don’t worry, the new high performance taper neck does not change the D-41‘s classic Dreadnought strum in any way.
In the D-41 Martin has brought the kind of high end craftsmanship and luxurious appointments that you’d expect from their best instruments. Not only does this gorgeous Dreadnought boast a solid Spruce top that is hand-joined to lustrous Rosewood back and sides, it also features abalone inlays in the rosette and on the ebony fretboard, a full antique white binding, an all bone nut and saddle and gold hardware, making this lefty D-41 as sumptuous to gaze upon as it is to play.
- Body Size: D-14 Fret
- Finish Top: Gloss
- Construction: Dovetail Neck Joint
- Back & Side Finish: Gloss
- Bracing Pattern: Forward-Shifted X-Brace
- Scale Length: 25.4"
- Brace Shape: Scalloped
- Fingerboard Width At Nut: 1 3/4''
- Top Material: Sitka Spruce
- Neck Shape: Modified Low Oval
- Back Material: East Indian Rosewood
- Neck Taper: High-Performance Taper
- Side Material: East Indian Rosewood
- Top Color: Aging Toner
- Bridge Style: Modern Belly - Drop in Saddle
- Binding: Antique White
- Bridge String Spacing: 2 5/32"
- Top Inlay Material: Abalone with Multi-Stripe
- Bridge Material: Ebony
- Bridge Pin Material: White Plastic
- Pickguard: Faux Tortoise
- Bridge Pin Dots: Abalone
- Pickguard Inlay: None
- Saddle: Compensated Bone
- Rosette: Abalone with Multi-Stripe
- Saddle Radius: 16"
- Brace Material: Sitka Spruce
- Back & Sides Color: None
- Brace Size: 5/16"
- Back Purfling/Strip: Style 45
- Back Inlay Material: Multi-Stripe
- Heel Cap: Antique White
- Endpiece: Antique White
- Side Inlay Material: None
- Endpiece Inlay: Multi-Stripe
- Neck Material: Genuine Mahogany
- Fingerboard Material: Ebony
- Finish Neck: Satin
- Fingerboard Width at 12th Fret: 2 1/8''
- Neck Color: Dark Mahogany
- Fingerboard Inlay Style: Reduced Hexagon
- Number of Frets Total: 20, Neck Joins Body At 14th Fret
- Fingerboard Inlay Material: Abalone
- Fingerboard Binding Material: Antique White
- Side Dots: Black
- Headstock Shape: Solid with Square Taper and Diamond
- Tuning Machines: Gold Open Gear
- Headplate Material: East Indian Rosewood
- Knob: Butterbean
- Headplate Logo Style: Block Inlay
- Nut Material: Bone
- Headplate Binding Material: Antique White with Multi-Stripe
- Case: Ply Hardshell
- Left Handed Availability: Yes
- Label: None
- Pleked: Yes
Handcrafted Martin Dreadnought Brings Quality Craftsmanship to New Heights
The left handed Martin D-41 Standard Series delivers all of the classic Martin tone that you’d ever want, with modern enhancements that give it an updated feel. These include a select hardwood neck with a modified low oval profile and a high performance taper, giving this Dreadnought the silky smooth playability of a modern electric guitar. Luxurious appointments like golf tuners, bone nut and saddle, antique white binding and abalone inlaid rosette make this left handed Martin D-41 incredible to look at as it is to play.
Guitar of choice for Martin Ambassador NEEDTOBREATHE.