Natural and Timeless, the 000-15 Evokes the Look and Sound of Famous Depression-Era Acoustics at a Great Price
The all Mahogany 000-15 has been a fixture in the Martin lineup since the 1930‘s and hearkens back to a more austere time when simplicity and minimalism reigned supreme. The Martin lefty 000-15SML continues the tradition begun by Depression-Era Blues and Country pickers who wanted nothing more than a simple and expressive acoustic guitar. This 000-15SML is relatively free of adornments, with only its inlays, a minimal rosette, and a dark tortoise pickguard, but its tone is warm and balanced, perfect for a wide array of acoustic musical styles.
Featuring all Mahogany top, back and sides and a Dark Mahogany satin finish, the Martin 000-15SML sports a Mahogany modified low oval neck with a high performance taper and an East Indian Rosewood fretboard that meets the body at the 12th fret. The satin finish neck with the high performance taper is extremely expressive and great for bends and hammer-ons, while the 1 3/4" string spacing at the nut and 2 1/4" string spacing at the bridge make this lefty 000-15SM ideal for fingerstyle players of all musical genres.
With an array of classic Martin appointments like an East Indian Rosewood bridge, an all bone nut and a slotted headstock with Golden Age Bright Nickel Side Mount tuners, this lefty 000-15SML lives up to the legacy of great Martin acoustics from the ‘30‘s with a minimalist approach and a warm, balanced tone.
Guitar of choice for Martin Ambassador Jake Bugg.
- Body Size: 000-12 Fret
- Finish Top: Satin
- Construction: Simple Dovetail Neck Joint
- Back & Side Finish: Satin
- Bracing Pattern: X-Brace
- Scale Length: 25.4"
- Brace Shape: Non-Scalloped
- Fingerboard Width At Nut: 1 3/4''
- Top Material: Mahogany
- Neck Shape: Modified Low Oval
- Back Material: Mahogany
- Neck Taper: Standard Taper
- Side Material: Mahogany
- Top Color: Dark Mahogany
- Bridge Style: Modern Belly - Drop in Saddle
- Bridge String Spacing: 2 1/4''
- Top Inlay Material: N/A
- Bridge Material: East Indian Rosewood
- Bridge Pin Material: Ebony
- Pickguard: Faux Tortoise
- Saddle: Compensated Bone
- Rosette: Multi-Stripe
- Saddle Radius: 16"
- Brace Material: Sitka Spruce
- Back & Sides Color: Dark Mahogany
- Brace Size: 5/16"
- Neck Material: Mahogany
- Fingerboard Material: East Indian Rosewood
- Finish Neck: Satin
- Fingerboard Width at 12th Fret: 2 1/4''
- Neck Color: Dark Mahogany
- Fingerboard Inlay Style: Diamonds and Squares Short Pattern
- Number of Frets Total: 20, Neck Joins Body At 12th Fret
- Fingerboard Inlay Material: Abalone
- Side Dots: Yellow
- Headstock Shape: Slotted with Square Taper
- Tuning Machines: Golden Age Bright Nickel Side Mount
- Headplate Material: East Indian Rosewood
- Knob: Ivoroid
- Headplate Logo Style: Script Old Style Overlay
- Nut Material: Bone
- Case: Ply Hardshell
- Left Handed Availability: Yes
- Pleked: Yes
- Includes a Martin Hard Shell Case
Visually Stunning and Innovative Martin, With an Expressive Neck and Sweet Mahogany Tone
The left handed Martin 000-15SM auditorium acoustic sports an all Mahogany 000-size body that is perfect for finger pickers. The small body size hearkens back to a time before the Dreadnought came to the fore, delivering the rich and woody tone and surprising volume that we have come to expect from Martin’s 15-series, despite its small size. With vintage appointments like a genuine Mahogany top, back and sides with sitka spruce x-bracing, a slotted headstock and classic dovetail neck construction, the lefty Martin 15 Series auditorium acoustic delivers vintage styling with incredibly rich tone and silky modern playability, in a package that is built to stand the test of time.